While in Galilee, Jesus again told his disciples that he would be killed in the future. The Bible states:
Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
Jesus called himself “The Son of man” and again made it clear that he would be killed. The disciples likely did not fully understand him saying “he shall be raised again” but it seemed they fully understood Jesus was speaking of his own death and the disciples were saddened.
What do you think?
- This is at least the second time that Jesus clearly tells his disciples that he will be killed. Why do you think he tells them this?
- Why would he tell them more than one time?
- Would you be surprised to know he will tell them more times?
- Do you think the disciples really understand that he will die?
- Do you think they really understand what Jesus meant when he said “he shall be raised again?” Why?
Back to the Full List of Stories