Between the time that Jairus first contacted Jesus and the time that they arrived at Jairus’ house, another wonderful event occured.
As Jesus walked along with Jairus and his disciples, many people were crowded close together as they went along. Then Jesus suddenly said, “Who touched me?” Peter was puzzled at the question and pointed out that many people were pressing against each other as they walked through the crowds, commenting “and sayest thou, who touched me?”
Jesus had felt that his power had just been used to help someone. He wanted to stop and see who it was.
There was a woman who had touched his clothing. She had been dealing with a bleeding problem for 12 years. She had thought to herself that if she could only touch Jesus’ clothing, his power not only could heal her, but would heal her.
When Jesus saw her, he said, “Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.” And she was healed.
What do you think?
- Why did Peter think Jesus’ question was so strange?
- Why do you think the woman did not try to talk to Jesus, but only wanted to touch his clothing?
- How did Jesus know she touched him with all those people around?
- What is the difference between believing that Jesus’ power can help us and believing his power will help us?
- What kind of things do we do when we truly believe Jesus will help us?
Previous: Jesus Raises Jairus’ Daughter from Death
Next: Jesus Heals Two Blind Men and Many Others
Back to the Full List of Stories