Jesus wanted to cross the Sea of Galilee so he and his disciples got in a boat. As they traveled in the boat, a storm came. As the storm grew stronger, the waves got bigger. The storm got so powerful, large waves came up over the boat! All through this, Jesus slept in the boat. When his disciples began to fear that the boat would sink and they would all die, they woke up Jesus and told him, “Lord, save us, we perish!”
Jesus said to them, “Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?” Then Jesus got up and commanded the wind and the water to be calm. The storm immediately stopped and the waves settled.
The disciples were amazed that even the wind and the sea obey him!
What do you think?
- Why do you think the disciples were afraid?
- What did the disciples do when they were afraid?
- Why did Jesus say the disciples were “of little faith?”
- What can we do when we are afraid?
- If we have faith in Jesus, can we be less afraid?
Back to the Full List of Stories